What’s SIBOS?



SIBOS Sydney 2018 kicks off Oct 21, 2018, and runs through to Oct 25, 2018. It will be held in Sydney, Australia and it will pull in a vast crowd of folks from financial institutions worldwide. I am about to depart for Sydney to participate in this event. 

If you aren’t familiar with SIBOS (Swift International Banking Operations Seminar), then you need to know that is THE global financial services networking event organized each year by SWIFT. According to the brief I was provided, “The preeminent annual conference and exhibition connects more than 8,000 executives, decision makers and thought-leaders from financial institutions, market infrastructures, multinational corporations and technology partners. Sibos facilitates debate, networking and business collaboration that collectively shapes the future of payments, securities, cash management and trade.”

Enough said? Should you want to read more about SIBOS Sydney 2018, read the recent post to the NonStop Community blog, Real Time View:
 
https://itug-connection.blogspot.com/2018/09/heading-down-under-one-more-time-sibos.html

Of course, I will be watching out for the interests of OmniPayments even as I will be a part of the press corp. As such, I will be writing for the Daily News at Sibos so if you happen to be participating in this event, watch for my stories as I will be covering the event from the HPE and NonStop point of view. It is anticipated that other NonStop vendors will be present at SIBOS, so I am certain there will be lots to write about.

Sydney is my home town, but I haven’t been back in five years. A lot has changed much of which will be visible from the convention center in Darling Harbor where the event takes place. There will be a lot of photographs as well, I expect, and for another update prior to arriving in Sydney, check out the very latest post to the NonStop community blog, Real Time View:

https://itug-connection.blogspot.com/2018/10/nine-long-years.html
 See you there and safe travels!

Comments

  1. Enjoy Richard! As an old hand at SWIFT HQ trying to create a fault-tolerant set of IBMs back in the '80s, I can assure you it'll be a great show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment